Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happenings

Not much time for writing these days. This is some of what we've been up to:

Pasta making. Fun! My dear mother in law cleaned out her basement a few years back and we were the lucky recipients of this pasta maker. At the time I was pregnant (with Brenna, I think) and didn't want to bother so I stuck it in my basement and forgot about it completely. Lo and behold what did I find when cleaning out my basement? Confession: I get kinda itchy and twitchy when it comes to appliances I have to put together and figure out. (not to mention all the space they take up) But I decided to tackle this one anyway. So I cleaned 'er up and gave her a go. The kids and I had fun making egg noodles which were pretty yummy. I see more noodles in our future. Next I'll try some wheat noodles from flour we've ground in the Wondermill.  There's even a recipe for chocolate noodles (oh my)...


Goat cheese yum...


Snowy day adventuring...


A warm (52 degrees!) day which brought this...

You can just imagine the fun the kids had with this "lake" in our backyard.

So glad the barn stayed dry inside!

And of course plenty of this:

On a more serious note, I've spent much of the last few days in fervent prayer for a blogging friend of mine and her family: http://ourcrazyfarm.blogspot.com/2011/02/gods-grace-is-more-than-sufficient.html She tragically lost her 12 year old son on Friday, yet is giving thanks to God for his goodness in all of this. An amazing, courageous, heartbreaking testimony. What beautiful faith she has.
God has numbered our days. Who are we to question his sovereign plan for our lives? Please pray for them, and for the message they are hoping to share through this. And go love on your own children a little more today. I know I have...

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Just a HUGE LOVE button being pushed. May Jesus wrap His arms around you and give you energy and peace in your busy life. Love you much, Mom

    ReplyDelete