Thursday, February 10, 2011

Disappointments and Window Art

Another let down this morning. We were on our way later today to view and (most likely) purchase two beautiful does. An Alpine/Saanen mix and an Alpine/Togg mix. Big producers, healthy, young, round with babies. (Seemingly) perfect for us. Woke up this morning to an email from the seller. She sold them late last night. Right out from under us. What a disappointment. Even Joe (the reluctant goatherd ;) was let down. I made up my mind to feel sorry for myself and bum around all day. Oh poor me. Poor, poor me. Then I thought of what my mother http://www.splashesofserenity.com/ would say at a time like this. "Well, look on the bright side. No one's dying." Amen to that. Isn't that the truth. What do I have to be sad about? Nothing. Absolutely, positively.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7
I love standing at my kitchen sink. This is the view I get:

Sunny day. Treasures line the windowsill.

A flowerpot painted by Ava, handpainted cross- a beautiful reminder of a wonderful trip to New Mexico with my sister, brother, sister-in- law; pipe cleaner hearts, rock from our creek, sweet metal knick knack of young sweethearts (a reminder taken from my Grandparents house shortly after their death), a flower painted by Connor for Brenna "Brenna is like a flower" is written on the top; origami by Garrett, a tiny bud vase made by Garrett in Kindergarten, and an "I love you" sign printed out by Garrett weeks ago just for me.

What's on your windowsill?

And, we've officially ordered 10 more laying hens, 15 meat birds, and 4 turkeys (starting small). We settled on two of the white and two of the bronze for those of you who were wondering. It's going to be a busy wonderful Spring.


3 comments:

  1. I'm crying in Bosnia--loving and missing you and touched by your blog. Be blessed my beloved daughter. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not right on the sellers part! But I am a firm believer there is a reason for everything. And if that seller did that then they may not have been telling the whole truth..
    Beautiful windowsill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you realized the russians won't get you, dear sis, along with nobody is dying. Oh mom.

    ReplyDelete