Friday, May 6, 2011

Raspberries and Hide-n-Seek

A dear friend was so generous in sharing some prolific rasberry bushes that were overtaking her garden. I am so thankful to have these. I've wanted to plant berries for several years, but after buying all our regular garden seeds (n stuff) every year, there's just never enough money left over for berry bushes. Thank you Robin!


I found the perfect place to plant them. Right next to our shed where our old chicken coop used to be. The earth is soooo fertile there after 4+ years of chickens! I tried my best to dig  around the many, many earthworms- a certain sign of healthy soil. 


And I won't even have to wait for rasberries because this dear woman also gifted me with several bags of berries, frozen from last season! Yay! I made my momma a Mother's Day rasberry pie. Can't wait to enjoy it with her this weekend!


And while I was planting these bushes there was lots of giggling going on around me, for Grandpa and Ava were having a game of hide-n-seek :)



Such perfect moments make me want to freeze time. But then, I'd never get to enjoy these peas that are growing nicely despite all the nasty weather we've been having :)

3 comments:

  1. Okay, make me cry. Can't wait to get my mouth around that pie! Love you, Lizzy. Thanks for giving her to me for the weekend, Joe. A Perfect Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raspberries are my all-time favorite! YUMMY!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pie looks amazing...love the little heart that is cut out~!

    ReplyDelete